If you would like to be an active part of your community’s growth and revitalization, check out the following ideas.
- Choose a family “energy watchdog” to shut off lights, television, and dripping sinks when not in use.
- Switch your current Internet home page to an energy-saving one, such as Google’s “Blackle”, and turn down the computer screen brightness level as well. (It’s unhealthy for both the environment and your eyes.)
- Create a children’s nature garden. Create a path, label plants and trees, and schedule guided tours.
- Purchase recycled products as opposed to generic ones.
- When buying food or drinks of any kind, it is better to stick to a large jug or tub as opposed to a collection of individually packaged goods.
You and your little genius has been in the home now for at least a week. A wonderful way to break the monotony is to tap into your inner child.
Remember what it was like playing games like castle… make pretend… or even tag. Throw the rules away and put caution to the wind. Here is a list of fun and simple games that will allow you to let loose. I guarantee, you and your little geniuses will have a ton of fun!
- Red Rover:
- Two teams line up opposite each other, no more than 30 feet apart. The first team agrees to call one player from the opposite team, and chants, “Red Rover, Red Rover, send (player’s name) on over!” The person called runs to the other line and attempts to break the chain (formed by the linking of hands)
- Save your little genius from a firy dragon! Take a toy and make it the enemy. Run through the house and pretend that you are doing everything you can to save the prince or princesses life.
- Tea Party:
- This is a great game when you want a calm environment. Put on something “ Fancy” and take out your tea cups. Sit, Pretend, and Sip
- Tick Tac Toe
- Make the game big by using blankets as the rows and pillows as the X’s and O’s
- Home Olympics
- Have your little genius run around the couch, jump zig zag through the kitchen, do a cartwheel at the front door.
What every you do, have some fun! The children will burn some energy and you will relieve some stress!
Watch Raising Little Geniuses on Instagram for more tips and tricks